Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sexy Vegetarian Thursday: Vegan Peach Muffins



Hello, lovelies!

I have so many incredible things to share here on C.C. in the coming weeks. Besides the usual delicious recipes and fun crafts, I will be telling the tales of our recent trip to Ireland and England! This trip was the reason I was completely absent during the month of February, and why I have yet to share the rest of the homemade Christmas gifts. Mr. J and I had the most amazing time! I'll share pictures, funny stories, tips for traveling on a budget, must-sees in the cities we visited, and of course, the food!


In the meantime, let us celebrate Sexy Vegetarian Thursday. I don't know about you, but I am so sick of winter. I am dreaming of the day I can wear capris and sandals, shop at the farmer's market, and walk outside without cursing about how cold it is. I started looking through my recycled recipe journal for recipes that scream warmth and summertime. In August 2012, I was messing around with vegan recipes to find the balance between healthy and delicious. I created these divine fruity muffins without eggs, milk, or honey. Let me tell you, these bad boys are so good that they taste like a desert.


If you're looking for other vegetarian and vegan recipes, check these out!

summer tomato pasta
onion potato frittata
grown up grilled cheese
feta potatoes patties
creamy tomato feta penne
chilaquiles
vodka sauce ravioli
lime stir fry
lemon tofu sauce with rice
leek, spinach, & blue cheese frittata
stuffed twice-baked potatoes
garbanzo bean spaghetti
sweet and spicy black bean quesadillas
baked Italian eggs
chickpea curry
tomato basil pasta sauce 

pumpkin puree and seeds

Vegan Peach Muffins

Vegan Whole Wheat Peach Banana Muffins
Moist, whole wheat muffins filled with bananas and juicy peaches. No animal products here! Delicious served warm or cool.

Serving: makes 12 muffins

Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes

Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2-3 bananas, mashed
1 lb. ripe peaches, peeled and cut into chunks

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients together. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the last five ingredients.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Fold until just combined.
5. Divide batter into a greased muffin pan.
6. Bake muffins for 25 to 30 minutes.

Alterations
- Use 1 1/4 cup whole wheat or white flour and 3/4 cup old fashioned oats.
- Replace maple syrup with 1/2 cup honey, or use 1/4 cup of each. (not vegan)
- Replace vegetable oil with 2 eggs and a splash of milk. (not vegan)

Enjoy!

Much love,
Danni

ONE YEAR AGO: Vegan Bean & Tomato Pasta

Check out these awesome link parties where I shared this post:
Link Party @ Bloom Designs
Live Laugh Linky Thursday @ Live Laugh Rowe  
Riverton Housewives Roundup
Homemade Mondays @ Frugal By Choice, Cheap By Necessity

Sweet Bella Roos
Catch a Glimpse Button


No comments:

Post a Comment