Sunday, March 23, 2014

Project Sunday: Lined Tote Bags



Hello, lovelies!

Happy Project Sunday to you all. I am so happy to finally get this tutorial into the world! I've been holding onto it since December and I finally had the time to create a step-by-step photo tutorial. For the holidays, I was looking for a substantial craft to gift to my girlfriends. I was inspired by this tutorial for 20 minute tote bags over at the Purl Bee. However, that project used upholstery weight cotton and cotton webbing--that's not what I had on hand. (I had much more basic fabric lying around!) I played with the idea until, behold!, a lined tote bag was born. They were a hit with my friends, and only took me an afternoon to sew four of them. I also included steps on how to make straps out of fabric if you don't have the suggested material for the handles.

For one line tote bag, you'll need:
1/2 yard cotton fabric (outside of bag)    *you'll need more if you're making the straps*
1/2 yard canvas fabric (bag lining)
1 yard of cotton rope or trim (for handles)
thread that matches outer fabric
















Follow the same directions that I gave for attaching the cotton rope handles. Be careful the handles aren't twisted before you sew them onto the panels!

I hope this tutorial is easy to understand and follow. If you give these lined tote bags a try, do let me know! I'd love to know how you get on with it.

Much love,
Danni

Check out these parties where I shared this post!
Homemade Mondays @ Frugal By Choice
Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks 
Skip To My Lou


No comments:

Post a Comment