Thursday, December 20, 2012

Creamy tomato feta penne: sexy vegetarian Thursday!

Friends, what do you think is the best thing about Thursday?

I have two favorite things. Firstly, it's almost Friday. And thank the powers that be for that, especially after this week. I don't know if it's the proximity to the holidays or the colder weather, but at work I've found myself quoting Nathan Lane's character in The Producers every few hours:

"They come here. They ALL come here. How do they find me?!"

That really about sums up the week.

I cannot wait until this weekend to go far, far away from my job.

Secondly, it's sexy vegetarian Thursday!

UPDATE: I have to make this fast because my amazing Mr. J just put on The Nightmare Before Christmas. I am literally squealing with excitement! Give this easy pasta recipe a try, m'kay?


Creamy Tomato Feta Penne

Boil 1 pound of penne (we prefer organic whole wheat).

Once you've strained it, make the following sauce in the same pot. Hurray for only dirtying one dish!

3/4 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
1/4 cup of heavy cup (add until it creates a beautiful deep orange color)
splash of lemon juice
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
at least 2 oz. of crumbled feta cheese
two handfuls of cherry tomatoes, quartered
salt and pepper to taste (you won't need much!)

Once the sauce begins to steam, not boil, replace the pasta into the pot. Stir well and serve!

Enjoy xo

Comment below about your favorite thing about Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment