Monday, December 3, 2012

Spicy Margarita Marinade

Maybe it's the dreary weather lately, or a desire to surround myself with festive food and decor, but I wanted to turn a boring chicken dinner into something amazing. I've been craving tropical flavors the past few days, particularly those related to delectable, beachy drinks like pina coladas and margaritas. Oh boy, I love me some pina coladas and margaritas! The glorious thing about a margarita is its delicate balance of salty, sweet, and citrus tang. My goal with this marinade was to incorporate all of those flavors in addition to some heat to create a special, easy dinner!



Spicy Margarita Marinade

For 2 boneless chicken breasts:

1/2 gold tequila
1/2 cup lime juice
the juice and pulp of 1 orange
3 smashed cloves of garlic
1 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper

Tenderize the meat by poking holes in it with a fork or knife before placing in the mixture.
Marinate the chicken in the fridge overnight.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment