Monday, December 10, 2012

Jewelry Swap Party and some tasty hummus!

Hiya, everyone!

It's been a couple days since I had time to update. This weekend has been so busy! On Saturday, I had some girlfriends over for a jewelry swap party. I came up with this idea as a fun way to get together before the holidays. Here's how it worked: everyone brought at least three pieces of jewelry (one pair of earrings counted as one piece). We each laid out our jewelry and went around described each pieces' story (because we all know there's a little fable that goes with each piece!). We then each had 2 chances to "claim" our top choice of someone else's jewelry. After that, we had a "free for all" when we grabbed the pieces we liked and asked if anyone else wanted to challenge the grab. Luckily, our gathering was very casual and no one raised any objections to one another's choices. We did have a very simple backup plan: we would draw a name from a cup to break a tie. The event was wonderful! It was really fun to catch up with the girls, PLUS we all got free jewelry!

I made a tasty treat for the ladies that I want to share with you all.


*edited to add this: my organic hummus priced out at $1.20 per 8 oz. (thanks to Mr. J for doing the math on that one. I nearly had a stroke when I realized I was going to have to convert volume to weight. Thankfully, he is much more blessed in the math department than I am.)

That's right. This recipe costs me about less than $3 for2.5 cups! Check that versus a Wegmans 8 oz. of organic hummus for $2.99. Mine costs HALF AS MUCH.*



Perfect Organic Hummus

Flavorful, smooth, simple, organic hummus. This makes a great base for flavored hummus.

Makes 2.5 cups

Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients
 19 oz. organic garbanzo beans (1 ¼ cans)
half of the liquid from one can (this is the key to smooth hummus!)
2 to 3 cloves garlic
5 Tbs. lemon juice
2 ½ Tbs. organic tahini sauce
½ tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
olive oil and paprika to top

Directions
1. In a blender, combine all ingredients except olive oil and paprika until smooth.
2. Drizzle olive oil over hummus, and sprinkle paprika on top.


Later that night, Mr. J and I traveled to see a Syracuse Orange game. It was really fun! Aren't we cuuuute?!

                                                                This is my booooooo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment