Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sweet & Spicy Black Bean Quesadillas

Happy Sexy Vegetarian Thursday to you all! Here's to the fact it's almost Friday! Hallelujah!

I always seem to be complaining about what a long week it's been. If I'm sick of witnessing myself doing it, you're probably bored to death of it. My apologies, friends! Alternatively, I'd like to share 3 smile-inducing snapshots of my day:

1. On my drive to work this morning, I was sipping my smoothie as usual. I passed a cop who was parked on the side of the road awaiting unsuspecting, speedy drivers. Since the speed limit is only 30mph on that particular road, I had time to notice that he looked rather glum. I raised my mug towards him and shrugged my shoulders to say, Already quite a morning, eh? He grinned and toasted me with his coffee in return. It was a pretty great start to the morning.

2. The most exciting development of the day was J's discovery of the EXACT location where those pesky squirrels have been infiltrating our house. He sent me these texts:

"Holy crap! Figured out where squirrels are coming from. One came out of the hole and scared the hell out of me." This text is funny, but it's hilarious if you have no context. Why wouldn't he know where squirrels come from, and what hole exactly?!
 
"I am now calling the removal 'Operation Rocky.' Once [the squirrels] are cleared out we proceed to Operation 'Bullwinkle'."  What's not to love about these two sentences? I would be lying if I said I didn't chuckle about Rocky and Bullwinkle ALL DAY.

3. I must be out of the loop, but I just found out today that there will be a sequel TV show of Boy Meets World!!!!!! My life will be complete if I can watch that show and relive the glory years of my childhood. Like many others, I absolutely adored Cory, Topanga, and Shawn; I looked forward all day to watching their shenanigans after school. What could be better now that's I'm in my 20s to still have them as my role models?! Also, I suspect that if I had known J all my life, we would be much like Cory and Topanga (although, we really are just as corny and silly as those two characters anyways). Disclaimer: I already know that our bff Justin will tell us we're still Lily and Marshall to him :)

Let's get down to business (to defeat the Huns!).

Sweet & Spicy Black Bean Quesadillas


 4 servings

1 15-oz can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese

3/4 cup peach mango salsa
juice of 1 lime
1/2 avocado, diced4 whole wheat tortillas
cooking spray

In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. As you can tell, we forgot about the avocado until later. Oops!

Spread the tortillas out on the counter. Place about 1/2 cup of the filling onto half of each tortilla. Fold the tortillas in half and press gently.


Heat a large skillet under medium heat. When warmed, coat with cooking spray. Cook each quesadilla for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Keep warm while the others cook.

Serve with remaining salsa and Greek yogurt.

Enjoy! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment