Monday, April 1, 2013

March Pintest and Review!

I only tested one pin for March, but trust me when I tell you that it is worth an entire post to itself.

After seeing several pins linking blogs describing the possibility of making vegan ice cream with frozen bananas, I knew I had to give it a try. Especially considering that I am an ice cream addict. And I know this is not a good thing.

This recipe could not be any easier: you blend frozen banana slices. Done.

Slice however many ripened bananas you have into 1 inch slices. Place on plate or cookie sheet and freeze until solid. (Just for reference, 3 bananas made 2 healthy servings.)

Place slices into blender or food processor. Pulse.


At first, the slices break into pieces. Keep blending!
 

After a couple of minutes, the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. It's a food miracle!
 

I still can't believe that one ingredient turned into this lusciously textured treat. It had the consistency of premium ice cream with a fraction of the calories, practically zero fat, and only natural sugar.
 

Go make this! If you put your bananas in the freezer, you could have this ice cream in an hour. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Enjoy! xo

1 comment:

  1. I have been doing this for a couple years now, I really recommend a Yonanna machine. It is specifically for this and "creams" the banana PERFECTLY! I make my kids "icecream" with that all the time. I have also put through a little peanut butter with the banana, and we did banana and a single Oreo...just like cookies and cream icecream (& healthier than eating a row of Oreos)

    ReplyDelete